Re: Netview status polling and DNS

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview status polling and DNS
From: "Bursik, Scott" <Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:54:06 -0600
        I can't answer all of your questions, but I do know that if there is
an error in DNS with a machine name it does show up in NetView. I had
several machines with the wrong name in DNS and that incorrect name
displayed on the map. I understand that NetView makes quite a few calls to
DNS, and having a DNS caching server on board, or having the DNS/Secondary
DNS in the same network as the NetView box can significantly improve the
performance of NetView.

        Scott Bursik

        "McCarter, Bill" <mccarter_we@NNS.COM>
        11/03/2000 07:55 AM
        Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>@SMTP@Exchange