NetView not deleting interfaces on router which have been reconfi gured

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView not deleting interfaces on router which have been reconfi gured and are not active
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:07:45 -0500
Hello All,

        Has anybody run across this problem?

        Two router ports have been reconfigured and they are not active..
Interfaces shows up with old ip address and NetView thinks that they are
down. So it marks them red in map. Shouldn't NetView delete those interfaces
from map if they don't have ip addresses assigned?
        Since we are in a transition mode from OpenView to NetView, We still
have OpenView system which does get reed of those interfaces.

Thanks in advance

Shailesh Patel
Framework Capabilities
Electronic Data Systems