Re: SNMPv1/SNMPv2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMPv1/SNMPv2
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:47:02 -0500
As long as they are properly formatted it should not matter.  Most people
prefer V1 traps.  Personally, I think SNMP V2 was a mistake, except for
certain MIB constructs, as evidenced by the fact they started work on SNMP
V3 almost immediately.  But I cannot tell you when V3 will be universal or
supported within NetView.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT