Re: SNMPv1/SNMPv2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMPv1/SNMPv2
From: mans.langert@se.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 11:05:59 +0100

No there is no core file. I'll log a call to support anyway.
Should I ever expect the PIX to show up like a "connector" in the map,
showing all  the interfaces, routing table and so on? If I could do
SNMPv1/SNMPv2 queries to it, like any other device on the network, would it
happen? This might be a question for PIX experts rather than for NetViewers
maybe.
The source of this issue is tha I'd like to manage stuff behinf the
firewall, but if the PIX doesn't show any interfaces and nets on the other
side from where the NetView server is it won't work, right? Is there a
workaround some way to at least get the nodes behind the PIX to show up
so I can at least ping them?

If the window goes away, do you get a core file?  Look in the directory you
were in when you started the V1/V2 browser or the $HOME directory of the
user who is ruuning it.  If you find one, call Support.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Hälsningar/Regards