Re: map cares on ip but ignores snmp

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: map cares on ip but ignores snmp
From: michael.hamm@tudor.lu
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:51:49 +0100

no 192.169.1.2 is not the defaultrouter. it is just to
connect the 172.23.50.0 network.

and again, it is forbitten to me to add the route manually!!!

I have to use SNMP over the reachable interface to map the
status of the unreachable interface.!!! This is recommend!!!

Michael

                    Jeff

                    Fitzwater            To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    <jfitz@PRINCE        cc:

                    TON.EDU>             Subject:     Re: [NV-L] map cares on
ip but ignores
                    Sent by:             snmp

                    owner-nv-l@tk

                    g.com

                    11/16/00

                    04:33 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

If the 192.168.1.2 router is the only router connected to your Netview net
192.168.1.0 then I would make sure that there is a default route defined in
the netview box pointing to 192.168.1.2 so it caqn find the 212.132.50.0
net.

If on unix do the following...
netstat -rn
Look for a route 0.0.0.0 or the word "default"  it should be pointing to
the
192.168.1.2 router.
if there is a default but pointing to the wrong place and you want to leave
it in, add a route as follows... (must be root)
route add 212.132.50.0 192.168.1.2   1
This tells Netview how to reach that net which is 1 hop away.

On windows or NT I believe you can use the MSDOS window and the syntax is
simmilar.

Jeff fitzwater
CIT Systems & Networking
Princeton University