Re: map cares on ip but ignores snmp

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: map cares on ip but ignores snmp
From: michael.hamm@tudor.lu
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:34:06 +0100
it is very sad, but nobody on this world is able to
support me an update.

I just like to update from NV5.1.1 to NV5.1.3 since 8 weeks
but not Tivoli nedder IBM is able to support this to me.

I ask for an Update to NV6 an they just like to sold me
an abolutly new version for about $5,000. This is not acceptable.

It seems to me that IBM & Tivolie just want to recive my money
and now dont want to do something else than selling
other new version.

If I had the choise I never will by a product from this companys.
thats sad but true....

                    "Leslie

                    Clark"               To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    <lclark@us.ib        cc:

                    m.com>               Subject:     Re: [NV-L] map cares on
ip but ignores
                    Sent by:             snmp

                    owner-nv-l@tk

                    g.com

                    11/17/00

                    02:15 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Can't you just use the new snmp-based status polling on Netview V6?
In your seedfile, put an entry $xx.xx.xx.xx  for one of the addresses
on the box you have red interfaces on. On the second demandpoll,
netmon will show you the interface status resulting from snmpgets rather
than from pings. It does this automatically if the box has an unnumbered
interface on it, but you can force it to do so by making the entry in the
seedfile. This is the greatest new function in V6, if you ask me.

Detroit

Jeff Fitzwater <jfitz@Princeton.EDU>@tkg.com on 11/16/2000 10:33:50 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com