Deleting objects

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Deleting objects
From: lesdickert@nsimail.com
Date: 29 Nov 2000 13:28:28 -0800
Running NetView 6.0.1 under AIX 4.3.2:

I have only one map, and when I delete an
object it doesn't get removed from the object
database.  I go to the submap with the object,
highlight it, and do Edit->Delete Object from
All Submaps.  However, if I go to the command
line and do ovobjprint -s <object name>, it is
still there, but with no

  14              OVW Maps Exists                 1
  15              OVW Maps Managed                1

entries.  From the map, if I do a Locate->Object, it
can't find it.

Problem is that I want to manually re-add the object,
and it won't let me cause it claims the object already
exists.

Is this the way things are supposed to work or what am
I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Les

Get personalized e-mail and a web address or your
own free e-mail at http://www.networksolutions.com.