loadhosts not working

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: loadhosts not working
From: Blane_P_Robertson@reliantenergy.com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 15:53:04 -0600
Good Day,

Please forgive me if this has been addressed, but I could find nothing
like it in the archive.

We are running Netview 5.1 on AIX 4.3.1, and I am trying to add some
servers into the map.  When I run loadhosts with the -p option, it tells
me that "not added: no ICMP response".  The servers are in the etc/hosts
file.  If I try it without the -p, it exits fairly quickly after telling
me that it "could not add node xxxx to topology: object marked new already
exists".  Only a couple are in, however.  We can add manually through the
GUI, but that's painful.

Any ideas?  I am pretty new to Netview, so be gentle.  TIA...

Peace,
Blane