RE: SmartSet Bug ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: SmartSet Bug ?
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:12:20 -0500
IY13217 is included in 6.0.2 which is in Verification now.  We expect to
send it to manufacturing before the end of January.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Smith, Kristi" <kristi_smith@MENTORG.COM>@tkg.com on 12/19/2000 04:04:02
PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   "'IBM NetView Discussion'" <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  RE: [NV-L] SmartSet Bug ?

Yes, I've had this problem as well on v. 6.0.1 on Solaris. I ran a search
on
this issue in the Tivoli Knowledge Base and found an open APAR, IY13217,
which I've copied below that describes a similar problem with v. 6.0.1. No
fix listed yet.

APAR= IY13217  SER=                            IN INCORROUT
SMARTSET INCLUDES NODES THAT DO NOT MATCH THE RULE

Apar Information:
Customer Number: 0178121
Problem  Number: 77865
License  Number:

RCOMP= 5698NVW05    TIV NETVIEW V6  RREL= R601
FCOMP=                              PFREL= F     TREL= T

Kristi Smith
Network Engineer
Mentor Graphics Corporation
(503) 685-1971