Problems getting it going again...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problems getting it going again...
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:59:48 -0600
Hi.  We are running Netview v6.0 on AIX 4.3.  I was working happily displaying
the map to my workstation via X Windows.  Then I received a yellow warning
window that said "/usr/OV/bin/dispsub: Error peeking the message received from
the communication services socket".  I clicked "OK" on it and it went away.  I
then exited Netview, only to find that it wouldn't start back up.  Through
multiple "ovstop" iterations, I've gotten it to the point that "ovstart"
produces:

# ovstart
 object manager name: ovwdb
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               FAILED
 PID:                 7936
 last message:        Could not get port for ovwdb, likely one already running
 exit status:         -

There is not another ovwdb process running that I can find.

Does anybody have any insight or ideas to get this going again?

Craig Treptow
Principal Financial Group
I/S Network Administration