SNMP traps from hosts: to Netview, or to T/EC?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SNMP traps from hosts: to Netview, or to T/EC?
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:35:55 -0500
I'm soliciting opinions here. Say you are using Tivoli Distributed
Monitoring for your various hosts. And you are using Netview for your
network stuff. And you have some SNMP agents on many of your
hosts, and they send traps. Would you be more inclined to send
those traps to Netview for filtering and forwarding to T/EC, or would
you install the SNMP Adapter on the hosts and have them send
their traps to the T/EC?

My initial reaction of course is to send all SNMP traps to Netview,
rather than configure all the oids in the .cds and .oid files and manage
all of those SNMP adapters. But maybe that just shows my comfort
level with Netview. Any real-life experiences with one approach over
the other? Thanks..