RE: SNMP traps from hosts: to NetView, or to T/EC?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: SNMP traps from hosts: to NetView, or to T/EC?
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@usaa.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:50:44 -0600
We decided to take the same approach, Leslie, and basically for the same
reasons you indicated.

Some other considerations we have though is that our NetView system is set
up to manage only network devices, i.e. we keep all the servers,
workstations, etc. from being discovered.  We have very few "non-network"
SNMP agents that could send traps to NetView.  Most of them are NT servers
that send traps to Compaq Insight Manager.

Our preferred method of monitoring servers is with a logfile adapter rather
than SNMP traps, if there are no other intelligent agents available.