Cisco Line Description

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cisco Line Description
From: Brent_O'Keeffe@cisgi.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 08:23:32 -0500
I have been trying to figure out how to have NV interogate the CISCO MIB ( for
line interface descriptions and include it in the Tools>Display Object
Information.  I found out how to add the field and even where to define if it is
to show up in the display.  Now all I need to know is how to get it to populate
the field when the Netmon process discovers the router.  Is this the oid-command
file?  Do I need to write a program to poll the MIB and return the value?

I am using V6R0 on AIX 4.3

Many thanks,

Brent O'Keeffe
Cambridge Integrated Services Group, Inc.