What verify node name does ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: What verify node name does ?
From: "Carlos F. Molina Garcia" <cfmolina@iies.es>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:35:08 +0100
Hello All,
The last operation that Demand poll does, is to verify the node name. We have a
customer where this operation
can take sometimes (random) a long time (5 or 6 minutes to finish). In this
interval, the netmon is locked or busy.
We have followed the netmon.trace file and, while the "verify node name" is
working, netmon -a 3 does not update
the nemon.trace, and the objects status are not updated.
I've not found what this operation does, and what daemons and databases are
involved to try to solve this problem.

Another question.
The command netmon -a 16 returns the SNMP Outboud queue to the netmon.trace .
This command shows a list of machines and the times to start the operation. The
frecuency is 15 minutes.
What does this operation. Is it a demand poll ? How is it controlled ?

Thanks in advance

Carlos Molina