Re: What verify node name does ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: What verify node name does ?
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:54:27 -0500
It is trying to do name resolution. There has been much discussion lately
on this forum about things that can cause slow name resolution. You should
search the archives at www.tkg.com/nv-l for info in DNS and /etc/hosts.

Detroit

"Carlos F. Molina Garcia" <cfmolina@iies.es>@tkg.com on 01/14/2001 12:35:08
PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] What verify node name does ?

Hello All,
The last operation that Demand poll does, is to  verify the node name. We
have a customer where this operation
can take sometimes (random) a long time (5 or 6  minutes to finish). In
this interval, the netmon is locked or busy.
We have followed the netmon.trace file and, while  the "verify node name"
is working, netmon -a 3 does not update
the nemon.trace, and the objects status are not  updated.
I've not found what this operation does, and what  daemons and databases
are involved to try to solve this problem.

Another question.

The command netmon -a 16 returns the SNMP Outboud  queue to the
netmon.trace .
This command shows a list of machines and the times  to start the
operation. The frecuency is 15 minutes.
What does this operation. Is it a demand poll ? How  is it controlled ?

Thanks in advance

Carlos  Molina