Question about string queries..

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Question about string queries..
From: "Washer, Bryan" <Bryan.Washer@2ndWaveinc.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:33:24 -0600
Et All,

  I have received a request for snmp data polling to receive string values
from a Net App server as well as a couple applications.  I cannot currently
find any docs which tell me how to collect "STRING" data.  I am currently
polling man numeric value OID's and they work fine, both being evaluated and
stored.

If I do a smnpwalk or a manual snmp get I can see the data being returned
but when I use the SNMP Data Collection and Threasholds I do not receive any
data.

Does anyone know how I can get Netview to monitor String Values?

Or if NetView cannot do this anyone out there had to come up with a
workaround?

Any help would be greatly appreciative.

Bryan

Bryan Washer