Action item in ruleset editor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Action item in ruleset editor
From: Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:16:31 -0600

AIX 4.3.3 NetView 6.0.1

I am using a ruleset to watch 4 smartsets and if a node enters a Smartset based
on that Smartsets rule the event is forwared to TEC for action (e-mail, page,
TPM ticket). The problem I have is I want different groups notified for each of
the 4 Smartsets. I can do some kind of script on the TEC side, but I was
wondering if a "Action" from the ruleset editor for each event flow in the rule
set for each smartset would be a better idea? That "Action" could run a
wpostemsg so TEC could then send the alerts to different groups. I was wondering
if anyone has tried this and is there a to capture the trap info from the rule
"Pass on match" block to use in the "Action" script? Hope this makes sense?
Thanks.

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik@fritolay.com