Re: Action item in ruleset editor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Action item in ruleset editor
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:02:48 -0500
Yes you can use actions and wpostemsg to forward to TEC.  Other people do.
So your overall scheme will work.  I cannot speak for the performance.
As for the "Pass-On-Match" information, if you are asking about the Input 2
trap, the "match" criteria, then the answer is generally, "no".  The
matching trap is used  as a go-nogo filter for the one held in the POM
cache, then it is discarded without a trace.   Only the one which was held
initially (Input 1) while waiting for the match is passed along.  It is his
variables and other contents which get put into the environment variables
for use in the Action node.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT