Re: Rule forwarding

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Rule forwarding
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:43:51 -0500
Only rulesets run from ESE.auomation run when the workspace (the events
window) is not open.  But then are there some restrictions on what you can
do, because they are run by a daemon (actionsvr) in the background, and he
has no associated display.  Running your script as an action will work
fine. But the ruleset should not contain any use of things that would
require a display.  It should not contain a Forward or a Resolve node, and
the initial event stream node should be set to BLOCK not PASS.  Failure to
follow these rules will hang the actionsvr and eventually the entire events
process back to trapd.   I have posted an appended to the list about this
on several occasions.  You might want to see if you can find it.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Scott.Bursik@fritolay.com on 01/17/2001 12:50:52 PM