Re: Coexistence of NetView and OpenView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Coexistence of NetView and OpenView
From: "Paul Sandler" <paul@swebs.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:44:52 -0800
Mike,

We have a very large network that is managed by HPOpenView.  In order to
manage SNA and IP, we use Mainframe NetView.  We have two NV/AIX boxes
that monitor every IP address, over 70,000.  Although hated by the
"network" folks, they have never complained about excessive traffic
issues.  We monitor mainframe to workstation and have 45 people logged
on at all times watching these resources.

So far no traffic issues have come up.  I do not measure it though.  As
long as they aren't complaining, I figure I'm OK.

Paul