RE: Upgrading nv6.0 to Nv6.0.1 more info

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Upgrading nv6.0 to Nv6.0.1 more info
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 10:05:10 -0500
Well, you're major problem is that trapd is not running.  None of the
others will run until he does, so that's where you have to look.
Try starting  /usr/OV/bin/trapd from the command line and see what you get.
Check /etc/services and make sure the nvtrapd entries for port 162 udp and
162 tcp are there.  Is t possible you have something else running on the
box which has port 162?  If anything else has trapd's port it will not
start.  You could also try formatting the nettl logs
     netfmt -f /usr/OV/log/nettl/LOG00 > "myfile"
and looking to see if there are  trapd errors logged there.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Pretorius, Vynita" <VPretorius@fnb.co.za>@tkg.com on 01/24/2001 09:29:17