Re: Cisco CDP and Unnumbered interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cisco CDP and Unnumbered interfaces
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 09:18:04 -0500
Yes, NetView for AIX also uses the CDP MIB in 6.0.  And you should see all
the interfaces, both numbered and unnumbered.
If you don't, then that is a problem, and perhaps you should call Support
about that.

It may be that you have the problems described by IY14228 (Change in IOS
invalidates CDP Cache Address) or IY12281 (Flag reset on unnumbered
interfaces) or IY12648 (Need to allow unnumbered links on any interface
type).   IY12648 is particularly relevant if your unnumbered interfaces
were not Serial.
All these problems, and more are fixed in NetView Version 6.0.2 which has
been shipped to manufacturing and is due to become generally available
March 2, 2001.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT