Re: SNMP traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: SNMP traps
From: W.M.de.Bruin@DNB.NL
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:40:43 +0100
Peter,

I solved this type of problem by defining a couple of scripts which I use
to translate these cryptic traps from vendors to a more operator-friendly
language.
The scripts are defined as a "Command for Automatic Action" in the Trap
settings. The values from the original trap are passed as parameters to the
translation script, then used in a new Custom trap, which is generated by
the snmptrap command.

The original trap is not displayed, only logged, and only the new trap gets
displayed in the Event window.
It works for us.

Regards
Wouter de Bruin
Network Management Consultant

`Externe E-Mail wordt door DNB niet gebruikt voor het aangaan van
verplichtingen`

`Any e-mail messages from The Nederlandsche Bank are given in good faith
but shall not be binding nor shall they be construed as constituting any
obligation