Limiting the number of Popup windows

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Limiting the number of Popup windows
From: "Patel, Shaileshbhai B" <shaileshbhai.patel@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 14:42:04 -0500
Hello All,

        We have configured Interface up/down and Node up/down events for
Popup notification using ovxecho command. Is    there anyway that we can
limit the number of Popup notifications? If router has 400 interfaces and it
goes down and   comes back up, there are 800 popup notifications. I know
that in HP OpenView there is a limit of  number of Popup        notification
at one point in time and it is 10.

        The file /usr/OV/app-defaults/XNm contains resources for ovxecho as
well as ovxbeep but it does not have any resource       for limiting number
of popup.

        We are running NetView 6.0.1 on SUN E450, O/S level is Solaris 2.7

Thanks in advance

Shailesh Patel
Distributed Systems Capabilities
Troy, Michigan 48098