Installing Framework 3.2 on AIX 4.3.2

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Installing Framework 3.2 on AIX 4.3.2
From: steve.swali@iicl.co.uk
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:23:08 +0000
Can somebody help please? I am new to Tivoli, NetView and UNIX and I am
trying to install the Framework V3.2 on an AIX system at V.4.3.2.

I have performed a standard install of the OS onto my RS6K and when
attempting to install the Framework I receive the following message.

# pwd
/usr/local/Tivoli/install_dir

# /tmp/tmeCDROM/wpreinst.sh
to install, type ./wserver -c /tmp/tmeCDROM

# ./wserver -c /tmp/tmeCDROM
using the interpreter type aix4-r1 as set in your environment.
Error: no valid index file found in cdrom directory.
Usage: wserver_gui -c <cdrom-path> [<optional-flags>]
[<optional-variables>]
<optional-flags>:
    -a <server-name>
    -i <install-index-file>
    -p <path-prefix>[!]
    -z <variable-file>
    -Z <variable-entry>

<optional-variables>: take the form: <variable id from index file>=<value>

BIN=<binaries-directory>

    LIB=<libraries-directory>
    ALIDB=<server-database-directory>
    MAN=<man-page-directory>
    APPD=<X11-app-defaults-directory>
    CAT=<message-catalog-directory>
    LK=<license-key>
    RN=<region-name>

Your replies are greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Stephen Swali
Network Support Technician,
Memorex Telex (UK) Ltd.

DDI: 0161 741 6123
Fax: 0161 741 0013
Mob: 07799 400384
Pager:    01523 843682
Email:    sswali@memorex-telex.com

*** Important notice ***

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the E-mail
address to which it was addressed.  The information contained in this e-mail
may not be disclosed except for the purpose for which it has been sent.  If you
receive this e-mail in error you should not copy or forward it, but please
destroy this message and notify the sender.

Information, conclusions, opinions and assumptions that do not relate to the
official business of Independent Insurance Group PLC, or any of it subsidiaries
(together "the Group"), shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
the Group.