Re: The Forwarding Mechanism (wpostemsg or wasync or what ?) to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: The Forwarding Mechanism (wpostemsg or wasync or what ?) to TEC
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:36:07 -0500
Actually each of those methods is an executable you can call at the command
line.  nvserverd is linked with the EIF libraries from TEC so it uses the
TEC routines directly, such as tec_create_handle, which establishes a
session,  and tec_put_event,  which actually sends the buffer we have
formatted.  I cannot tell you what postemsg and wpostemesg do under the
covers.  That's a TEC question and I have not the expertise to answer it.
But anyone wishing to write his or her own TEC adapter can obtain the EIF
libraries and do the same kind of thing.  TEC used to encourage it and at
one time they had classes you could attend on writing such code.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT