Re: Auto-adjusted polling interval

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Auto-adjusted polling interval
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:18:05 -0500
Auto-adjusted polling interval refers to the new node discovery
polling, not to status polling or configuration polling. The auto-adjust
means that it is supposed to check less and less frequently as
fewer new nodes are found over time. In real life, however, it was
recently discovered that this is always 15 minutes no matter what
you set, and I believe it is one of the things being fixed in 6.02.

So you want to change status polling. That's the one that is
5 minutes by default. You won't see reference to it in a
demandpoll.

Detroit

Rob Mcnelly/Boulder/IBM@IBMUS@tkg.com on 02/20/2001 06:17:35 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com