Re: MLM ICON blank and Nodes not appearing on map for couple of my ML M'

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: MLM ICON blank and Nodes not appearing on map for couple of my ML M's
From: "David E. Dimond" <dimond@allina.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:03:44 -0600
When I see this it is usually one of two things:

1)  The device is not responding to the SNMP request for OID.

2)  The device returns an OID, but the OID doesn't exist in
    the oid_to_[type|sym] files and therefore Netview has no
    idea what to do with it and thus makes it generic.

Use the MIB browser to query the device in question and verify proper
SNMP operation and get the OID for the device.  Verify that the OID
is defined in your oid_to_type and oid_to_sym files.

You might also consult the documentation.  I find the Diagnosis
Guide to be invaluable for troubleshooting these sort of problems.

HTH