Re: Can't discovery subnet with VPN device

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Can't discovery subnet with VPN device
From: Mike_Pearson@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 07:19:54 -0500
You said the demand poll times out.  You sure the community name is
correct.  Try from the command line:
snmpwalk (ipaddress) system
don't use the -c flag.
If it times out, netview does not know the communtiy name.

Terry_E_Simpson@TIVOLI.COM@tkg.com on 03/08/2001 12:52:33 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  Re: [NV-L] Can't discovery subnet with VPN device

Hi Leslie,
Thanks for the response.  I tried what you suggested below with no success.
When I looked into the nv.log, it states "the subnet mask cannot be read
from the registery".  Do you know what this pertains to? Could this mean I
need to install the latest Windows NT 4.0 service pack (6a)?

"Leslie Clark" <lclark@US.IBM.COM>@tkg.com on 03/06/2001 11:42:46 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com