Comparing variables sent in traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Comparing variables sent in traps
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 10:46:41 -0600
Hi.  We are running Netview 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.  I have the frame-relay MIB
loaded (1.3.6.1.2.1.10.32) and am receiving "frDLCIStatusChange" traps from our
routers.  In our event definition we see that the third parameter passed is the
new Circuit state (1=invalid, 2=active, 3=inactive).

I can do logic with other traps (link_down, if link_up within 1 minute, then
resolve and don't display), etc.  I would like to perform logic like this with
the DLCI status change traps, but I'm not sure how I compare the values.  Does
something allow me to compare the third parameter to a literal value, and then
I can handle it similar to other things?

I'll bet I'm just not understanding something in the rulesets well enough, but
I'm not sure what, and I haven't found anything in the archives of this list
that have helped me with this.

Hints and ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Craig Treptow