Re: app. registration file and xnmappmon How-To Questions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: app. registration file and xnmappmon How-To Questions
From: Bernard Disselborg <bdisselb@triple-p.nl>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:54:24 +0100
Ray,

I'm on 5.1.3, but I don't think this part has changed.

1)
See following sample from ARF:

     MenuBar "IBW"
     {
        <80>   "Addresses..."                    f.action "ibw_addresses";
     }

     Action "ibw_addresses"
     {
         Command '/local/scripts/bdi-stuff/ibw_addresses_wrapper.sh';
     }

1a)
 From the script: ibw_addresses_wrapper.sh:
#!/bin/sh
. /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh

unset OVwSessionLoc     # We don't use NetView map selections

#
# Input, variables...
#
CMD="/usr/local/bin/ibw_addresses.sh"

xnmappmon -commandTitle "Addresses"\
         -headingLine 1\
         -appendSelectList -appendSelectListToTitle\
         -unbufIO\
         -cmd ${CMD}
..

This leaves the selection field always empty, wether or not something is
selected on the map.

2)
 From the script: ibw_adresses.sh:
#!/bin/sh
. /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh

unset OVwSessionLoc     # We don't use NetView map selections

NODE=$1                 # Input from wrapper script

echo "Help text" 1>&2

#
# Get and format interfaces table
rnetstat -Ix ${NODE} | cut -c 27-
..

Unfortunately this displays "Help text" in the "Messages" field only on
completion of the script (like a "usage message").

HTH

Bernard