MLM capacity? Managing nodes through a firewall?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MLM capacity? Managing nodes through a firewall?
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 12 Mar 2001 15:58:33 -0600
Greetings,

I've recently inherited a project that suggests the use of Netview
MLM's.

First, I'm searching for the capacity of a given MLM, or recommended
scaling info in terms of #traps/second it can handle, or how many
hosts one can handle?  This application is under AIX, probably an F50.
Unfortunately, I've been unable to locate any such guidelines in the
Tivoli documentation.

Second, I'm curious what sort of security ramifications or packet
delivery issues might be involved in managing remote hosts through a
firewall.  Is the communication between the MLM and the netview server
guaranteed delivery?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Best Regards,