Re: RE: Netview discovery status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RE: Netview discovery status
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:35:16 -0500
Well, if the mismatch is in a Smartset, I don't worry about it too
much (probably should), I just 'delete the egg' to get it re-evaluated,
or sometimes kill the collmap application and restart it (there is an
option to do this under Administer....Start Application - which should
be a clue to you).

If it is in the regular IP topology, and I have a r/w map open, and it
is not synchronizing, trying to catch up with those changes, then I
do worry a lot. For voodoo I would do an ovotopofix (to udate the
times and force synchronization) and restart the map to try to synch
things up.

Then if the color on the map does not match the status in the object
or topology databases, I would call Support.

Detroit

William.Stringfellow@bankofamerica.com@tkg.com on 03/19/2001 02:17:49 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com