Re: Network connectivity problem on Netview Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Network connectivity problem on Netview Server
From: "Ray" <westphal@accessus.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:26:36 -0600
Network connectivity problem on Netview ServerHi Santosh!

I think we need more information. 1st question - what type of server? However,
here is a few things to check:

    Since the loss of connectivity is to devices on the same network
(correct?), check your network adapter(s) on the NetView server.

    1) Is it 100MB Full Duplex?
    2) Does it match the switch settings? I avoid using auto negotiate on the
switch or server adapter.
    3) How many adapters on your server? How many objects on the network you
are having problems with?
    4) Have you checked receive buffer stats on the NetView servers ethernet
adapter? i.e entstat -d en0.
        Check the No Receive Buffer counter. entstat -r en0 will reset it. It
is incrementing at all?
    5) Check your network masks on the objects.
    6) Since these objects are on the same network - you should not be losing
routes correct?
        If you want routes to remain, check the "no" command route_expire
option.
    7) Check your switch statistics for errors on the port.
    8) Check your errpt command. Any ethernet adapter errors? Any ethernet
adapter recovery events?
    9) Have you checked your cabling?

HTH.
Ray Westphal.