Errors

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Errors
From: brian.backer@electrolux.com
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:45:09 -0500

Start off by apologizing for the post.  I am new to netview and quite ignorant
with it.

Today I needed to add a new type of device to the map which didn't have an OID
registration.
NOT using the server setup, I went in an modified the oid_to_sym and oid_to_type
files adding what I needed.

I did an OVSTOP and then restarted it but started getting errors.  I have no
idea if they are even remotely related, perhaps coincidental.

host: ovstart
 object manager name: webserver
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               FAILED
 PID:                 27694
 last message:        Exiting due to error.
 exit status:         -

 object manager name: mibserver
 behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
 state:               UNSTARTABLE
 PID:                 (never run)
 last message:
 exit status:         -

regardless, I removed the entries and added them again useing server setup and
am still getting the entires.  I have tried removing them completely and leaving
them out, still getting errors.

Worst part of this whole situation is that I don't even know where to begin
looking for a solution..
Any advice, help, ideas or concearns would be greatly appreciated..

Brian Backer
backer@electrolux.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
confidential, privileged, proprietary or otherwise protected by law.
The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee).  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read,
print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.