Re: Errors

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Errors
From: "Don Davis" <Don_Davis@att.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:38:08 -0800
Brian,
I had a problem similar to this while working with a customer that was
running NetView, TEC, TDS and ServicDesk all on the same platform.
Check your CLASSPATH variable.
My problem was that some other application was setting the $CLASSPATH
environment variable.
The NetView webserver (Jetty) sets the CLASSPATH correctly ONLY if it is
null.
If it is already set to something else (good or bad), NetView assumes that
it is correct and does not try to set it to what it needs.

The solution is to edit the script that starts the NetView web server.
Look in your /usr/OV/lrf/webserver.lrf file for the file name.
Add "unset CLASSPATH" at the beginning of the file.

You will also need to do the same for the script that starts the NetView
mibserver.
Look in your /usr/OV/lrf/mibserver.lrf file for the file name.
Add "unset CLASSPATH" at the beginning of the file.

You will also need to do the same for the script that starts the NetView
maptreeserver (submap explorer).
It is started by an Application Registration File (ARF) instead of
registering with ovspmd.
Look in /usr/OV/registration/C/maptreeserver.reg, you will find that it is
started by /usr/OV/jre/bin/jre.
Add "unset CLASSPATH" at the beginning of that file too.

Call support if you need help with this, they provided me with this
solution.

Don Davis  -  Tivoli Certified NetView Instructor & Consultant
Alliance of Professionals and Consultants, Inc.
Raleigh, NC.