NetView NT, MLMs, and Firewalls (Oh My)!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView NT, MLMs, and Firewalls (Oh My)!
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:38:07 -0800
Having some interest in managing thru firewalls using NetView...
I read with interest the following document

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/pdfs/sg246229.pdf

But (I could be wrong... I read it rather fast) -- it appears that
when using NetView on NT  (as the manager), that an MLM can only
talk UDP and not TCP when talking to NetView on NT.  True or False?

In other words... I know UNIX supports Netview >> MLM over TCP, but
I thought that the NT version never got the TCP support.

Am I right or wrong?

Thanks.