RE: Alternate Community Names

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Alternate Community Names
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 12:06:35 -0500
I have never seen this error message before.  The update script is trying
to do an ovaddobj command  in the background and problems with it are
usually traced to some alteration of the NetView  environment after
installation.  You could do an ovorsutil -d to see what ORSD thinks your
environment is like and see if you can see something which is wrong,
especially with the hostname or IP address of your NetView box.   If you
do, then run /usr/OV/service/reset_ci .  If that doesn't help or you cannot
make that work, then I suggest you call Support and open a real problem
with them.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT