RE: Limit

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Limit
From: "Tremblay, David A." <dtremblay@jhancock.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:48:38 -0400
Paul,

All you need to do is place in the seedfile this particular item:

!@oid 1.3.6.????    the OID is for the printer

Or

If you know the IP address of the printer, you can exclude it by doing:

!234.43.234.3   # NOTE:  Whatever the IP of the printer

But I would recommend exclusion by OID not IP because less entries in the
seedfile and you can exclude all OIDs at once.

Lastly, after you make the entry in the seedfile, make sure that you delete
the device off the map.   Perform a LOCATE -->  OBJECTS -->  By Attribute,
then choose SNMP SysObjectID and then type in the HP OID information.
Then proceed to delete all of the OIDs associated with the HP Jet Direct and
they shouldn't be rediscovered.

I hope this helps,

Dave

David A. Tremblay                                  John Hancock Financial
Services
Lead Systems Analyst                           Corporate Technology Services