Re: How do I page out Cisco environmental alerts?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How do I page out Cisco environmental alerts?
From: Gareth_Holl@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:21:59 -0400
Sounds like you would need to load a specific MIB (SNMPv1) for that router
into NetView and then setup an SNMP Data Collection with thresholding for
the particular MIB variable which provides the router temperature value.
There is a brief introduction to this on pages 109-110 in "Tivoli NetView
for Unix User's Guide for Beginnners Version 6.0". There is a lot more
detail in "Tivoli NetView for Unix Administrator's Guide Version 6.0",
start looking at page 266 for loading MIBs and 282 for using the MIB Data
Collector. Setting up thresholding will allow NetView to generate an event
when the temperature exceeds a pre-defined value and this event will be
seen in NetView's Events Window.

Does this help ?

Gareth Holl
Software Engineer
gholl@tivoli.com

Tivoli Systems / IBM Corporation
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.    1-800-TIVOLI-8

"Gebhart, Tom (CC-MIS Tech Systems)" <Tom.Gebhart@conagrafoods.com>@tkg.com
on 04/05/2001 04:48:28 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com