RE: How do I page out Cisco environmental alerts?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: How do I page out Cisco environmental alerts?
From: "Kevin J Lee" <kevinl@iormyx.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 11:32:16 -0400
Tom,

You can either load the CISCO-ENVMON-MIB and collect temperature data
using NetView, or configure the Cisco device to send you environmental
alarms in the form of SNMP Traps to NetView.  Data collection using
NetView puts unnecesary load on the network, so configuring Cisco Device
to send trap is much cleaner and efficient, unless you wanted to trend
the temperature data.

To configure your cisco device, use the command:

  snmp-server enable traps envmon temperature

Enjoy.

Kevin Lee
kevinl@iormyx.com
NCC, HPOV, BMC Certified Consultant.