RE: How do I page out Cisco environmental alerts?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: How do I page out Cisco environmental alerts?
From: "Kevin J Lee" <kevinl@iormyx.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:25:01 -0400
Tom,

Exactly as James said.  tail your trapd.conf and send an evnriomnetal
alarm from the Cisco device.  If you get the trap into trapd.conf in
whatever form, then the rest is trivial.  If the trap never makes to the
trapd.conf file, then you have lots more troubleshooting to do between
Cisco Router and SNMP Agent running on the NetView box.

On a side note, you don't need the MIBs loaded in NetView if you just
want to receive the traps and run some automatic scripts.  It won't be
pretty, but if it's automatic who cares? Let the machine worry about
those OIDs.

Kevin Lee
kevinl@iormyx.com
703.855.2408