RE: How effective is RFI? - please answer

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: How effective is RFI? - please answer
From: "Vidal, Chaz" <chaz.vidal@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:06:15 +0930
Claudio,

RFI is effective in what it does but in my experience, it basically is an
event correlation function.  It helps you out by being able to filter out
node/interface down traps you otherwise get without RFI.
You could probably approximate its function via a complex ruleset coupled
with filters.

Cheers,
Chaz Vidal
EDS Australia