Re: how to delete a non-local map

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: how to delete a non-local map
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:12:30 -0400
A repost of the solution to this problem.  I believe it was fixed in
6.02........

It seems to be even easier to get these in V6 than it was in V5. If you see
a reference to a " " non-local map when you are doing an ovmapcount -a,
or if you see something wierd listed under 'File..Open', then this has been
working for me this week:
mapadmin -u :<hostname>
           to force all maps to be owned by the server <hostname>
ovmapcount -a
           will now list the map as having the name of the server, rather
than " "
mapadmin -f <hostname>
          will remove the bogus entry

I think you get one when you do a "File.. New Map" and change your mind.
Anybody have 5.1.3? This is reportedly fixed in there (APAR IY06684).
We should expect the V6 version of the fix in 6.0.1 when it comes out.

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

"Smith, Kristi" <Kristi_Smith@mentorg.com>@tkg.com on 04/18/2000 10:57:42
AM