Re: acknowledging devices

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: acknowledging devices
From: "Don Davis" <Don_Davis@att.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:25:21 -0700
Catalina,
My advise has always been to never acknowledge anything above the "Interface
Level" including Nodes (devices).
Since Interfaces are always (usually) the root cause, only acknowledge
interfaces.
Don

Don Davis  -  Tivoli Certified NetView Instructor & Consultant
Alliance of Professionals and Consultants, Inc.
Raleigh, NC.
  When we acknowledge a device on a submap, the icon on the IP submap remains
yellow. (but everything underneath is green).

  Also, in the smartset, the icon of the object that I had acknowledge remains
red...

  can someone please explain this.. I am new to Netview so please excuse my
trivial question.

  thanks