RE: Discovering Non-IP Interfaces

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Discovering Non-IP Interfaces
From: BAUDOUX BERNARD <bernard.baudoux@fortisbank.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 14:07:04 +0200
Dimitris,

with NetView 6.0.1, you can tell netmon to use SNMP to check the status of
an interface instead of using ping.
You define the node in your seed file with '$' as a prefix, eg $10.10.10.10.
When netmon polls the node 10.10.10.10, it will use ifAdmin and ifOperStatus
to get the real status of its interfaces.

Bernard Baudoux
Phone: +32 (0)2/565.24.68