Re: [Fwd: Discovering Non-IP Interfaces]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Discovering Non-IP Interfaces]
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 08:09:46 -0400
I'm just about positive that you cannot. The support for unnumbered is
designed for serial, but generally works with any type of interfaces, as
long as the thing on the other end can be discovered. If the far device
has no addressable interfaces, it won't be discovered. So neither
unnumbered interface will be drawn. You could tell the netmon to
use SNMP polling for the Paradyne, but it won't draw the unnumbered
interface so it won't report status on it. All you could do would be to
manually add an object to stand in for those interfaces and run a
program of your own to manage them. Or... you could use the
APM/MLM function to monitor the Oper status of that particular
instance in the interface table. APM will create an object to represent
it, and its status will propogate to the parent node, the Paradyne.

Detroit

dil@acn.gr (Leventidis Dimitris)@tkg.com on 05/10/2001 06:40:21 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com