Re: NetView Map New Node DIscovery

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView Map New Node DIscovery
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:39:34 -0400
1.) New Node Discovery involves the topology database, not the
representation of
those things on the various maps. If you want all of the other maps to stay
the same,
force the users to open them read-only. Then nothing will be added to them
until
you open them read-write and make the adjustments. You can hide things, or
delete
them from some maps and not others.

2.)   Never use the Copy function. It is only there to trick you. Use
Cut...From This Submap
and Paste to move items into a location submap. Note that there are strict
rules about
what you can do on the various levels of the map. Mostly you will be moving
routers and
networks on the IP Internet level of the map into Location icons on the
same level. The
inside of that Location icon (the new submap) has the same properties as
the IP Internet
submap. Read these sections:
See: AdminGuide Chap 3, Moving Objects & Symbols, and Partitioning Submaps
See: AdminGuide Chap 3, Customizing a Graphical Map
See: AdminGuide Chap 3, Understanding Submap Presentation, Planes
See: AdminGuide Chap 3, ipmap Application

Detroit

z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetroleum.com>@tkg.com on 05/10/2001
07:50:00 AM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com