FW: filter editor vs ruleset editor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: FW: filter editor vs ruleset editor
From: Mailshield <Mailshield@burlington.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 16:03:32 -0400

From: CATALINA MARTINEZ [mailto:CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 2:58 PM
To: nv-l@tkg.com
Subject: [NV-L] filter editor vs ruleset editor

To All:

I am running AIX 4.3.2 / Netview 6.0. I want to stop a particular event from
displaying on everyone's event list. I am not sure which way to go.

Well, I first tried the ruleset editor. I selected Event Stream --Pass
Trap Setting - cisco-dcd (generic 6 specific 9)
Block event display. (saved

I noticed that it does not give me an arrow connecting each process. Should
there be one?

the actionsvr daemon is running.  i opened up a dymanic workplace and
selected the ruleset. nothing shows up.
--
I also tried setting a filter as well. I did a simple filter -
Events Equal to Selected ( Cisco-dcd 1.3.6.1.4.1.5 Generic 6 Specific 9)
>From Objects Equal to List (Selected from MAP - listing OK)

Did not set anything to Time or Threshold.

I currently have the filter set on my events but I am still getting the
traps.
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Also, should i pursue a
filter or a ruleset.

Please advise