Re: filter editor vs ruleset editor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: filter editor vs ruleset editor
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:06:11 -0500
Thanks James

Its the right trap (enterprise, generic, specific). I check t he
/usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf it does show
sysConfigChange {1.3.6.1.4.1.9.5} 6 9 A 3 0 "Log Only Events"

which is correct. I havent received any traps yet. so I supposed it worked. I
am unsure why I got an event when i did it from the command line.

Thanks for the info.

>>> James_Shanks@tivoli.com 05/15/01 09:55AM >>>

You are doing the right kind of thing but perhaps you have the details
wrong.
The snmptrap you sent is for a trap with the Cisco enterprise id of
".1.3.6.4.1.9.5 " and the specific id of "9".  Is that the exact trap you
set to "Log Only"?
If not, then that is why it showed up.  If you changed one with the
specific id of "2" for example, and then sent one with a "9", then "9"
would stiil default to being seen.

What does the trap entry you customized say?  What enterprise and what trap
id?

If you are just sure you set the right one, what does the entry for it say
in /usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf?
If you look at it there, does it say "Log Only"?

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>@tkg.com on